I find art exciting. To be given the opportunity to study and develop my own personal style would be incredible.

Alien lady.

Many of my creations are of portraits I have extracted from my imagination. As you can see below I enjoy using a vast collection of colours as a way of making the piece pop out.

With this piece I started drawing the basic facial features (eyes, nose etc) and then carried on adding strong cheekbones and lizard-like teeth. Eventually the outcome was a face-on alien with a feminine appearance.

Here is the image before I added colour. I used black Indian ink to put down my initial idea of the portrait. I believe that Indian ink gives the freedom to layer and develop shadows, something I use frequently in my creations.

I have used food colouring as a way of adding colour to the piece without covering the detail underneath. The size of the portrait is A2.